Make a donation in honour of former Dovercourt staff, Jonas Mitchell
This is our great friend and former staff Jonas Mitchell. Jonas was a very enthusiastic, fun, caring and compassionate leader in our camp program for several years, and was an inspiration for a generation of campers, many of whom went on to become staff themselves, including Nicola, the little girl he is holding in this picture. Jonas was tragically killed as he was riding his bike to work in Toronto by a driver who ran a red light. If you were a friend, camper or co-worker of Jonas, his parents has asked us to start a fund in his memory that will help children who need help to manage the cost of camps. You can donate online on our campaign page on Canada Helps or in person at Dovercourt. And please, take care and watch out for bicyclists.
Donate when you register
Make a donation to "MAKE ROOM FOR EVERYONE AT DOVERCOURT" when you register.
When selecting a course or camp, add an extra:
- $20 donate to building expansion
- $50 donate to building expansion
- $100 donate to building expansion
Simply check the checkbox for your donation and the amount will be added to your cart. A tax receipt will be issued for your donation.
If you prefer to donate a different amount, please visit our campaign page on Canada Helps
To make an online donation:
To make a donation in person:
Please complete the pledge form that can be found at the Pool Desk on the first floor at Dovercourt Recreation Centre at 411 Dovercourt Ave.
To discuss sponsorship opportunities
Please contact Executive Director, John Rapp at 613-798-8950 ext. 224
Not quite ready to make a donation but would like to learn more?
No problem. Take a look at our Campaign Brochure below.
Dovercourt’s inclusion and accessibility programs
As a registered charity, Dovercourt is committed to make sure that all of its programs and services are accessible to everyone in our community. While we rely mostly on our success as a social enterprise to support our charitable programs, donations are very welcome.
We help insure that all ages and abilities can access our programs through the following initiatives:
- Financial assistance: If affordability is a problem, complete our simple financial assistance form and DRA will provide a subsidy of up to 75% of the program cost to qualified applicants.
- Targeted programs: Sometimes the best way to reach people with challenges is to offer a program to suit their needs, this includes rehabilitation fitness programs, free disabled swims, our WAVE and ALIVE programs for adults in the autism spectrum, subsidized programs for youth and seniors and more.
- Accessibility and inclusion: We work with parents and individuals to include people with disabilities in all of our programs. Sometimes that requires assistance with transportation, one on one supervision, a special device, or training for staff.
Dovercourt’s Community events and resource sharing
Dovercourt works with a number of community partners and sponsors to provide resources and events that help our community. These include our annual Garage Sale with Westboro Community Association, The McKellar Fall Harvest Fair with the McKellar Park Community Association, our rinks’ winter carnivals, and our wading pool’s special events. As well, Dovercourt has two cargo vans and a variety of special event equipment such as sound systems, a bouncy house, and great young staff that we deploy to neighbourhood street parties and big events such as Westboro Fuse and WESTFEST. All of these are free events, so your donation can help support these community-building events.
Financial donations to Dovercourt can be made to Dovercourt at either of our Customer Service desks.